If you encounter a problem, or something doesn't work as it should, you can visit the Martini support page in order to access product resources, and get in touch with the community and support team. From this page, you can:
- Visit Martini's Knowledge Base in order to learn more about commonly encountered issues and solutions;
- contact us via live chat for urgent concerns;
- communicate with fellow developers via the Community Q&A section
Before reporting a new bug
To save time, before reporting a bug please consider doing the following first, which might help resolve the problem.
- Try to reproduce the bug using the latest release of the software, to see whether it has already been fixed
Search our Knowledge Base to see if the bug or a similar bug has already been reported. If a relevant bug report is found, it might have helpful information, such as the following:
- The release in which the bug was fixed
- A workaround for the bug
- Explanation of the circumstances that cause the bug to happen
Reporting a bug
If you would still like to report a bug, follow the steps below:
- Visit the support request page. To access this page, you will have to log in to your Marketplace account.
In the form, populate the following fields:
- Requester: a valid email address so we can contact you.
- Subject: a brief, yet descriptive summary of the issue.
Description: full details of the issue.
This should include the following bits of information:
- The series of actions that led to the occurrence of the issue, what you were expecting, and what actually happened instead
- Relevant log messages
- Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
- Software version
- Hardware details if applicable
Attach a file: any files that can help us understand the issue better.
These files can be any of the following:
- Resources that can be used in order to reproduce the issue (e.g. Martini package, service)
- Related configuration files
- Screenshot, video, or GIF
- Error log
Ensure no confidential data is included or shown in any of the attached files.
Click on the Submit button.
Please be as informative as possible when reporting a bug!
When reporting a bug, please provide as much information as you can so our support team and developers can address your issue immediately and/or work on releasing a fix as soon as possible.
Exporting log files from Martini Desktop
When reporting bugs related to Martini Desktop, it is often useful to provide application logs to make it easier
for the development team to analyze and fix the issue. Martini Desktop provides a way to export log messages as a
.log file. It can be done through the steps below:
- Access the Error Log view by pressing . Type
Error Login the search bar. Select the Error log view from the appearing choices by pressing . You can also access Error Log view via the menu bar; simply select Window > Show View > Other > General > Error Log.
- On the Error Log view, click the Export Log button.
- Choose the name and destination of the log file.
- Click Save.
If Martini Desktop fails to start and/or is unable to access the Error Log view, the log file is also accessible
in the Martini Desktop workspace. This file is located in
default. Hidden files may need to be shown if accessing it this way.