The Service Picker is a GUI component shown when choosing a service, hence its name. The Service Picker is displayed when selecting a service to be called by an endpoint when it is triggered, a package during startup or shutdown, a Gloop API endpoint, and more.
Before displaying the list of selectable services, TORO Integrate will inspect all services first, and filter those that are compatible with the feature you are trying to use. In most cases, TORO Integrate compares the names and types of variables in your services against the names and types of parameters that the endpoint or functionality supports. If a service has a parameter whose name and type does not match the endpoint or functionality, it will not be included in the list.
The service you select from the Service Picker will be highlighted and a preview of that service's documentation (from) its comments) will be shown at the bottom panel. As seen in the screenshot above, Markdown is honored and rendered.
- Right click the
codedirectory of an Integrate package and select New > Gloop Service. Use
WatcherServiceas the name of the service and click Finish.
- Right click Endpoints and select New > Integrate Endpoint. Select Directory Watcher as the type of the
endpoint and use
watcheras its name then click Finish.
- After creating the endpoint, the endpoint configuration page should show up. To show the Service Picker, click the Choose… button beside the Service field.
The Service Picker will be shown displaying the list of services that are compatible with your directory watcher
endpoint. You should be able to see
WatcherService on the list.
Show hidden services?
Some Java or Groovy methods are not visible in the Service Picker by default. These kinds of methods are called advanced services. A method is considered advanced if it is any of the following:
- A method of
- A synthetic method
- A method signature containing
- Annotated with
To view these hidden services, tick the
Show hidden services checkbox.
Creating a New Service from the Service Picker
- Click the New... button located at the bottom part of the Service Picker.
- Enter the name of your service.
- Select the type of service you want to create.
- Click the Next button.
- Select the properties that you want to use as inputs of your service.
- Click Finish.