Endpoints are listeners triggered on events. They enable integration requirements where the system needs to consume and execute a specific logic (encapsulated in a service) when an event is triggered. Each endpoint has a lifecycle bound to the package it resides in.
TORO Integrate ships with endpoint types that support events triggered from various sources:
- file changes in the local file system;
- file changes in an FTP server;
- incoming email messages;
- incoming XMPP messages via Jabber;
- published JMS messages; and
- changes in an RSS feed.
The platform also provides auxiliary endpoints for:
- exposing services as virtual directories;
- resuming or re-executing failed integration; and
- adding an alias on long URLs.
Continue reading the next pages to see a more detailed guide for each endpoint type.